Oxford Finalist: How stressful is Oxford University?

42 Comments on Oxford Finalist: How stressful is Oxford University?

Little bit serious with emotions!

Where Jamie talks about the unique stresses of studying at Oxford, along with how to balance those pressures to get the most out of the experience. The conclusion is that, though Oxford is an incredibly intense institution, you develop skills of huge value: coping with life.

Life philosophy and beer: http://www.theweatherprediction.com/humor/life/

“I’m having an essay crisis”: http://essaycrisis.tumblr.com/

Created by Jamie Miles.

42 thoughts on “Oxford Finalist: How stressful is Oxford University?

1. CollectingDusts

Hey 🙂 Thanks for the video it's so helpful!! I was just wondering if you know what the essay load for English Literature is? I'm really interested in studying at Oxford but I've heard really mixed reviews and some people say it's an absolute nightmare…

2. Husn Shujaat

Hey there, ummm, I wanted to ask there is any student/ex-student from MIT doing the same thing you do for Oxbridge?
    Thanks in advance. I don't know where else to ask this question.

3. Emily El-bahrawy

Your quite an inspiration, I go to ghs like you did! And coming from this school many people tell me that I don't stand a chance, but you prove them wrong, and I am far more hopeful after watching your videos :)

4. Another Bloody Feminist

I don't know whether to apply to Oxford I am going to an open day this June or July. When I went there before, I saw Univ college and one other, as well as the shops…. So I got a very small snapshot of what life could be like studying at Oxford. I didn't feel like I would fit in with the people there (all of a much higher socio-economic standing/class than me) and I don't know if I would be happy there. I want to avoid stress as much as is physically possible. I want university to be the best years of my life and I want to enjoy learning. The workload just doesn't sound like it would allow for any free time… What do? 🙁
    Ps first time viewing a video of yours. Well edited, informative and enjoyable ^_^

5. Marvel Mockingjay

I got the 5 week blues (in highschool), I had no idea that was a thing! I ended up crying the girls bathroom thinking I was going to fail year 12 and never get the degree I wanted. I've gotten better cross fingers I'm handling my work load better now!

6. Amy Brown

I think imperial has a similar work load to Oxbridge. I study chemical engineering and we have 30 hours of contact a week and on top of that around 20 hours of independent study. All courses have their own difficulties.

7. Tibbity

4:23 'That is the hidden gem to having an Oxford education.' Everything you described before this can be experienced at any institution. Moreover, I don't agree that increased workload equals better education.