The Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Business (PCSB) is run by the University of Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership (www.cpsl.cam.ac.uk). Now in its 17th year, this leading Master’s-level programme is delivered over nine months, with three short (2 – 3 day) workshops. It provides a broad and action-oriented introduction to sustainability in a business context. Participants develop their understanding of the global context within which businesses operate, and explore the need for system-wide change. The focus is on building the confidence and knowledge required to be an effective change agent and, hence, to embed sustainability within an organisation.
PCSB participants are from a wide range of mainstream business functions and also sustainability-related specialist positions.
Each course is built around residential workshops held in Cambridge. The workshops include:
• Lectures by leading academics and practitioners
• Facilitated discussions and group activities
• Face-to-face tutorials to support the completion of three business-relevant assignments
• Peer-to-peer learning amongst a diverse, engaged and cross-sectoral group
• First-hand exposure to some of the University’s world class facilities and traditions
Venues used regularly include Clare College, Madingley Hall and Wolfson College.
More information is available at www.cpsl.cam.ac.uk