HOW WE GOT INTO OXFORD & CAMBRIDGE | OUR EXPERIENCE & TIPS

Hey Everyone,

I hope you are all doing good. Here is the much anticipated video of me and my bestfriend Renee talking about how we got into Oxford and Cambridge. We were the first two black girls in our schools to go to Oxbridge and I believe we were 2 of 3 people our school had ever sent to Oxbridge so we were really proud of ourselves. And for this reason, HELPING BLACK PEOPLE INTO OXBRIDGE AND OTHER RUSSELL GROUPS IS IMPORTANT TO US!!

So the Cambridge University ACS (i’m their Vice President) held their Student Sessions’ for the Cambridge University Open Day on the 30th of June and it was very successful. It was really nice meeting so many black students who wanted to apply and who were subbies. It was a space where you could come and ask us who were here all the questions you had.

NOW, Oxford University ACS (Renee is President) are running a conference with the support of the University of Oxford admissions department to help young people from state schools in year 12 of African/Caribbean descent with their university applications to Oxford and other higher educations institutions.

THIS WILL HAPPEN IN LONDON AT THE CLIFFORD CHANCE OFFICES ON THE 12TH OF JULY 2016 FROM 8.45AM-5.30PM.

There will be free refreshments, a chance to network with undergrads and alumni, as well as potential travel reimbursements. If you know anyone or if you yourself fit these criteria, please email their/your name, email adress and details to contact@annualaccessconference.co.uk , or alternatively get in touch with Oxford ACS to sign up. Whether or not you have thought of Oxford, help us help the next generation of young, black talented kids.

SO EMAIL contact@annualaccessconference.co.uk NOW!!

I really want you to sign up even if Oxford or Cambridge seems like just a dream. Me and Renee and both our ACS’ really want to help you out. We found it so hard to get to where we are now because we didn’t know the right people and few people extend there hand out to help us with the process and to make our dreams a reality. We don’t want anyone to go through and and like me personally almost end their application because it seemed overwhelming and ‘unrealistic’.

ALWAYS DREAM BIG AND NEVER BE AFRAID TO TRY!!

Love you guys,
Courtney Daniella and Renee Kapuku xx

45 thoughts on “HOW WE GOT INTO OXFORD & CAMBRIDGE | OUR EXPERIENCE & TIPS

1. Lis McD

Its so great to see a youtuber who's not just all about Make up but brains too!!! I'm a new subbie!!! Currently studying for my year 3 college christmas exams!!! Love youuuu alreadyyy!!!!! Chai

2. Holli Head

This video was so helpful and inspiring ???? I'm so happy to see black women getting to the top universities and has motivated me to try to get into Oxbridge ????. You're both sooo beautiful as well????. Renee needss to start a YouTube channel too !!!

3. Lowri Spear

this is AMAZING!! one of the funniest, most helpful videos i've ever watched. i'm hoping to apply to oxford to do history and i'm literally taking exactly the same A-Levels so this was perfect for me. definitely made me realise i need to do a lot more extracurricular stuff and research:)

4. gravity25

I hope you enjoy going to an overpriced university and graduating and then working at lower management in Fedex to pay off huge student loans for the rest of your life. Take real initiative: start a business/do something unique. These are bad times and we need to admit that people that graduate from university simply aren't going to get a good job just because they "have a degree". University proves nothing other than the ability to do was one is told. Getting into a "prestigious" university proves nothing other than that you were more dedicated to being brainwashed than your peers.

5. seanypoooo

Do you guys realise just how much of an inspiration you are??? Yeah I am going to say it. The fact that you are women and Black going and showing the younger generation what they can aspire to do. Whilst still remaining humble and natural in how you talk. Truly amazing. x

6. Nali Malungu

You do the same subjects as me I literally screamed, because I always get questioned why I done maths and English and how it was a weird mix ???? wanted to know how you got through your As year and achieving 4 A's ????????????

7. combingforcurls

I finished my undergrad almost ten years ago but still sat and watched this entire video. Love the energy and that fact you're out here showing people that black women are excelling! Love it!

8. Smoke

This is really sad because I have a friend who was invited to an interview for Oxford and she chickened out. She's running a very successful business right now so I know she had what it takes.

9. Leonardo DiCapri-Sun

Love this video, you guys are hilarious! I've had my interviews at Cambridge and now I'm just waiting for the result! For anyone thinking about applying, please don't be too put off by not having perfect grades. I got AAAB at the end of Year 12 (bearing in mind one of those As was a full Maths A-Level so the max grades I could've got was A*AAA) and I got invited for interview when other people at my school had AAAA and the best predictions but didn't get an invite. Personally, I think they deserved interviews but I guess it goes to show that grades really aren't the only element they're interested in. At the end of the day, you have nothing to lose from giving it a shot (though the Oxbridge application process is certainly more strenuous than most!)

10. Mazie Sharma

Hi8 I am a 10th grade (4th sec.) from Belgium… I want to study medicine at Oxford… do I have to give the medical exam here in Belgium to get in Oxford med? can someone please explain all the steps from highschool till graduation?

11. Moonman

I know that affirmative action isn't really a thing in England but I have prospects of studying at oxford and affirmative action is really scaring me since I'm white and a male so I want to know if affirmative action has influenced you experience in getting into university. Thanks!