Boston the beatufiul city on the east coast, possibly most famous for its universities, baseball team and basketball team. The city has a lot to offer for its visitors and is a true gem for holiday makers with plenty of things to do in Boston.
Here are what we consider the top 10 things to do in Boston, which should be on every visitor’s to-do list.
1. Visit Harvard University, it’s one of the world’s most famous academic institutions. More than 350 years old, the college counts among its alumni famous names including President John F. Kennedy, actress Natalie Portman and poet TS Eliot.
2. Make your way to Salem, this is a smalltown picturesque port city 16 miles from Boston, famous for the witch trials that took place during 1692 and resulted in the hanging of 19 people on accounts of witchcraft.
3. The Freedom Trail is a 2.5-mile walk around Boston that takes in 16 historic locations to piece together the story of the city’s role in the American Revolution. Among the famous sites pass the Old South Meeting House, where it is thought the Boston Tea Party originated
4.Visit USS Constitution, launced in 1797 makes this the oldest commissioned warship afloat in the world today.
5. Faneuil Hall Marketplace incorporates Quincy Market, North Market and South Market and is a 250-year-old meeting place on the Freedom Trail, packed with shops, stalls and eateries.
6. Museum of Fine Arts, Boston has more than 450,000 artworks on display, from European masterpieces to textiles from Asia. The museum is well-worth a visit.
7. Ether Dome operating theater at Massachusetts General Hospital is where the first demonstration of surgery using an anaesthetic took place in 1846.
8. Visit one of the many Public Parks in Boston, including Boston Common in the heart of the city, the Back Bay Fens situated close to the river and Olmsted Park.
9. Boston Sport Events Boston is home to the Boston Bruins (ice hockey), Boston Red Sox (baseball), Boston Celtics (basketball) and New England Patriots (American football). The city also holds the Boston Marathon every April and the Head of the Charles Regatta every October.
10. Visit some of the world-know Universities in Boston, such as Harvard or MIT.