Delhi University (DU) Admissions 2018
The online admission process for Delhi University (DU) Undergraduate (UG) started on May 15 on the official website, the link for which is du.ac.in
Interested, eligible candidates who wish to take admission in DU need to apply latest by June 7.
DU admissions 2018: Glitch-free admission process
The Delhi University administration is making all efforts to avoid any technical glitches during the online registration process for admission to various courses in its affiliated colleges.
Last year, technical glitches in the online portal surfaced right from day one of the admission process. The website’s server went down and many aspirants failed to access the portal.
“We have opened all tabs and ensuring zero technical glitches,” Officer on Special Duty (Admission) Ashutosh Bharadwaj said in recent PTI report.
As per reports, there are over 56,000 seats on offer across 63 DU colleges.
DU Admissions 2018: Here’s how candidates can register for the admission process
- Log on to the official website, du.ac.in
- Click on “New Applicant Sign Up” to create the user account by clicking on the “New Registration “link
- Go to the UG Admission portal home page by clicking on the link, “Continue to homepage “on the left side of the screen
- Enter your registered email id and password in the space provided
- Complete the application form by entering all the required information
- Upload the necessary documents and pay the fee
- Click on submit
Note: All the candidates are advised to take print out of the online submitted application form for future use.
The application fees for the general category candidates is Rs 150, while Rs 75 for SC/ST students. The fee will have to be paid online.
DU admissions: List of documents required for online admission process
- Scanned Photograph and signature (maximum size: 50KB)
- Identity Proof (maximum size – 50 KB)
- Valid email ID and mobile number
- Class 10 Board Certificate
- Class 12 Marks-sheet (if result declared)
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Income Certificate (for OBC-NCL)
- Sport Certificate(s) for last three years (If applicable)
- Extra Curricular Activities Certificate(s)
DU admission 2018: Important instructions for candidates
- Applicants must apply only through one application form for admission to the undergraduate programmes, viz Undergraduate Merit-based programmes, Undergraduate Entrance based programmes through this admission portal
- Once a payment is made, the application cannot be edited
- During the registration process, fields namely name, email, gender and board roll number can’t be changed/modified once entered
- Certificates to be uploaded at the time of registration
- Sports/ECA, Kashmiri Migrant and Ward quota are not available in all Entrance based courses
DU Admission 2018: Steps to apply for sports category
- The applicant shall choose the Game/Sport
- The applicant shall provide the details of at most three merit/participation sports certificate in the relevant Game/Sport. It is mandatory to upload, at the most, three certificate(s) as per the guidelines mentioned on the screen. The uploaded file(s) must satisfy the size limit
- An applicant can upload three merit/participation sports certificate. These certificates should be uploaded as separate documents rather than one merged Document
- After clicking the “submit” button the applicant can either apply for another game/sport by clicking on “Add another game/sport” or else proceed to the next section by clicking “Next”
- There is an additional fee of Rs 100 for each Game/Sport to apply under Sports Quota.
DU Admission 2018: ECA quota admissions
- Under ECA, there are various categories, which are further sub-categorized
- The applicant can select the appropriate category/sub-category and shall upload only the highest level of certificate
- After clicking the “submit” button the applicant can either apply for another ECA category by clicking on “Add another activity” or else proceed to the next section by clicking “Next”
- There is an additional fee of Rs 100 each activity to apply under ECA category.
DU admissions 2018: Over 5,000 candidates applied on Day 1
According to reports, on the first day of the Delhi University registration process, over 5,000 applicants registered on the online portal within an hour of its opening.
DU helpline details :
- Website: http://admission.du.ac.in
- Phone no: 011-27006900 (University Information Center)
- Email: email@example.com
- Helpdesk: Dean Students Welfare Office, Room No. 5, 1st Floor, Conference Centre, Near Gate No.4, North Campus, University of Delhi-110007
DU Admissions 2018: Important dates
A brief about DU:
The University of Delhi is the premier university of the country and is known for its high standards in teaching and research and attracts eminent scholars to its faculty. It was established in 1922 as a unitary, teaching and residential university by an Act of the then Central Legislative Assembly.
For any query related to admission, all the candidates are advised to check the official website of Delhi University (DU).