The Ministry of National Education and the Center France group, which includes The Republican Echo, The Republic of the Center and The Republican Berry, are mobilizing to offer quality content linked to school programs.
This content is part of the “Learning Nation” operation to extend school at home and with the family. The rectorate of the Orléans-Tours academy and your newspaper therefore work hand in hand to offer you publications related to school programs.
Each Sunday, a full page appears in our columns to allow students to continue learning while staying at home.
The last part of this operation, this Sunday June 28, is devoted to modern foreign languages.
These exercises are offered by the IA IPR LV group.
Learning Nation Operation: Eleventh Part Dedicated to Music
In which country do these trains run, and in which language are you welcomed?
College and high school level.
Find the names of the countries and the language (s) spoken there.
Languages spoken (in alphabetical order): German / English / Catalan / Castilian / French / Gaelic / Greek / Hungarian / Dutch / Portuguese / Romansh / Swedish.
In the languages you learn, will you find all the hidden words that speak of summer vacation?
Answers for Exercise 1:
1. Belgium. 3 languages spoken: French, German and Dutch.
2. Germany. A language: German, whose standard form coexists with many dialects, such as Bavarian for example. German is also spoken in Austria, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Belgium …
3. Italy. Italy is a very young country, unified at the end of the 19th century. The languages spoken there are, in addition to the Italian national language, 13 in number which have status protected by law. Some, particularly in the border area, offer the region that officially practices them a special status of autonomy. French in Valle d'Aosta, German in Trentino, Slovenian in Friuli for example. Note also the very numerous dialects still strongly established locally, at the provincial or regional level.
4. Republic of Ireland. 3 languages: English and Irish Gaelic.
5. Hungary. A language: Hungarian, a Finno-Ugric language which is completely different from the languages of neighboring countries.
6. Netherlands. One language: Dutch, but there are dialects like Frisian or Low German in certain regions.
7. England. One language: English, but with very different accents between different regions and social classes.
8. Denmark. One language: Danish, but the Danes all speak English very well and you also speak German a lot.
9. Greece. One language: modern Greek, but many Greeks speak English because there are many foreign communities and tourists.
10. Sweden. One language: Swedish, but many Swedes speak English and understand other Scandinavian languages like Norwegian or Danish.
11. Scotland. Two languages: English and Scottish Gaelic.
12. Finland. Two official languages: Finnish, which is a Finno-Ugric language and Swedish.
13. Switzerland. 4 official languages: mainly German, French, but also Italian or Romansh.
14. Portugal. A language: Portuguese, but people understand Castilian.
15. Spain. Spanish or Castilian is the official language of the Spanish state but four languages have the status of a co-official language and are spoken in different autonomous communities: Basque (Basque Country, north of Navarre), Catalan (Catalonia, Balearic Islands ), Galician (Galicia) and Valencian (Valencian Country).
16. Austria. One language: German. This illustrates the complexity and diversity of languages in Europe. If the European Union has 24 official languages, up to 230 different languages have been identified in Europe. There are large families of languages: Germanic languages, Romance languages, Baltic languages or Slavic languages.
German: AUGUST – AUSSCHLAFEN – EIS – FERIEN – FREUNDE – HITZE – JULI – LESEN – SEE – SCHWIMMEN – SOMMER – SONNE – SPASS – STRAND – URLAUB – WARM
English: AMUSEMENTS – AUGUST – BARBECUE – BATHING – BEACH – CAMPING – CLIMBING – DIVING – FLIPPERS – HAMMOCK – HEATWAVE – HOLIDAY-MAKERS – LANDSCAPES – NAP – SAND-CASTLES – TRAVELS
Spanish: acampar – bañarse – campo – carnó – descansar – descubrimento – disfrutar – equipaje – guía – mar – mochila – ocio – piraguismo – recorrer – senderismo – viajero
Italian: ???????agosto – luglio – amicizia – camper – albergo – tintarella –
giocare – montagna – sole – campeggio – gelato -libri
pond – museum – spiaggia – vacanze